7.5.13

eric

Here's an illustration I recently did for Flaunt Productions.

All I got to work with was this text: ''Eric The Epic is a grizzled, sword-wielding mercenary. Descended from a race of time-traveling future space-Vikings. He rides a robot wolf called Majestic Malcolm. His girlfriend Erin is a woman like no other.''


Haven't showed any of my work in steps for a very long time, so here's that:
Scanned sketch - flats in random colors - flats in almost the right colors - internal lines and glow - and the rest.


This was done for Stefie Zöhrer's action zine:


I rarely ever do life drawing anymore. I miss it sometimes. 


9 comments:

mylydy said...

I really LOVE your stuff, thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Mikkel, that Eric piece is absolutely badass! You keep on getting more epic with the days, haha.

Are you able to sell me a print? If you can, hit me up with an e-mail. Hope all is well! <3

Phil Spehar said...

Dude love the Space Viking! Hahah,the suited up baboons with axes crack me up!!

What to draw said...

Naked ladies, yummy. Nice lines, would be great with a splash of color.

Frédéric Mao said...

Funny illustration, and yes it's great to show how you process the different steps.

jamie holmes said...

PINGPRISEN!

Dustin d'Arnault said...

THIS FUCKING OWNS!!! So epic!

O.L.B. said...

Wow wow wow woooow ! I've put too much epicness in this picture ! What you did here is one of the better thing I saw for weeks. Have you finished your job for KSTR ?

Flomize said...

kaboom